Welcome. Here you will information about the Augusta-Aiken Audubon Chapter.
The Augusta Aiken Audubon Society meets 6 times a year. Meetings are the second Thursday of January, March, May, July, September, and November at the North Augusta, South Carolina Community Center located at 495 Brookside Drive in North Augusta. The public is invited to all meetings, programs, and field trips sponsored by Augusta-Aiken Audubon.
Most recent meeting minutes
- Augusta-Aiken Audubon Bi-Monthly Meeting Minutes January 14, 2021 - Attendees to the 14 January 2021 Augusta Aiken Audubon Chapter meeting began gathering via Zoom between 6:30pm and 7:00pm. At 7:05pm, Shane Sherwood, the technical orchestrator for the evening’s presentations, advised that we begin. ...
- Augusta-Aiken Audubon Bi-Monthly Meeting Minutes November 12, 2020 - The November meeting was the chapter’s second Zoom Video meeting. There were twelve connections for the meeting approx. fourteen people were in attendance. The presenter was Don Wouri, “Doing the Previously Unimaginable – My...
- Augusta-Aiken Audubon Bi-Monthly Meeting Minutes March 12, 2020 - The program was on Bluebirds by Ron Brenneman and Mike DeBruhl. Ron is a Director and Mike is the President of the South Carolina Bluebird Society. There were fourteen people in attendance. Business Meeting...
- Augusta-Aiken Audubon Chapter Meeting Minutes for 9/12/2019 - Minutes from Augusta-Aiken Audubon Bi-monthly meeting. The meeting was on 12 September 2019.
- Augusta-Aiken Audubon Board Meeting minutes – 9/6/19 - Meeting minutes from the 9/6/2019 Audubon Chapter meeting.
Individuals from the Augsta-Aiken area who join the National Audubon Society are automatically enrolled in the Augusta-Aiken Audubon Society.
Members of the National Society receive Audubon Magazine which contains many beautifully illustrated articles related to the stated mission of Audubon which is “to conserve and restore natural ecosystems, focusing on birds and other wildlife for the benefit of humanity and the earth’s biological diversity.” Founded in 1905, the National Audubon Society is named for John James Audubon (1785-1851), famed ornithologist, explorer, and wildlife artist.
The Augusta-Aiken Chapter holds six Monthly Meetings and conducts many Birding Field Trips. Throughout the year the Chapter sponsors additional activities that relate to the Chapter’s mission. These include Christmas Counts and other bird census events, Birdathon fund raisers and other activities that support the Silver Bluff Audubon Center and Sanctuary, Water Quality Monitoring in threatened waterways, Earth Day celebrations, and more.
- March Augusta-Aiken Audubon Zoom Meeting: Naturalist Gardens Inspired by South Carolina Wild Places
- Augusta-Aiken Audubon Bi-Monthly Meeting Minutes January 14, 2021
- 11th Annual Augusta-Aiken Audubon Show and Tell (Zoom Meeting), 14 January
- Augusta-Aiken Audubon Bi-Monthly Meeting Minutes November 12, 2020
- Augusta-Aiken Audubon Bi-Monthly Meeting Minutes March 12, 2020